If I want Elementals out to "the public" this August, I have a few things to do.
1. Read it. Again. For final edits. This is the hardest part. I don't feel any urge to read this book one more time. I'm a little sick of it. That's why I haven't looked at it for two years. On the other hand, it may as well be out there potentially earning money while I ignore it instead of waiting on my hard drive.
2. Choose a cover image. I have something I like, but it's not my original pic, so I either need to draw/create something close myself or find a similar pic I can buy. Frankly, after the complaints with Star of Justice, my cover concept excellently rendered by Keven and DeAnna Newsome of Newsome Creative and completely trashed by nearly every reviewer, I just don't care as much as I used to.
3. Choose a font. I'm really hoping Grace will latch on to this item. I hate font-choosing.
4. Read up on formatting for ebooks. Caprice Hokstad, Terri Main, R.L. Copple and maybe even Grace have all written on this topic, and I saved every email. I'll need a week, probably, to go through all of them, but it sounds fairly easy once you get the hang of it.
5. Read up on CreateSpace. This seems to be the vehicle of choice for printing books. I like physical books, and I am willing to put up the money to create them.
6. Buy ISBNs. I hear the price has gone up. Not too much, I hope. I want a few, just in case I get back in the habit of this writing thing.
An ISBN costs $55?! Holy crap! Gonna need to figure that into the break-even cost. Sheesh.
7. Write some cover copy. I'm not nearly as concerned about this as I should be. My goal is simply to maximize searchability while trying to keep it slightly interesting to a potential reader. How hard can that be?
That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure I'll be adding to it. I may even blog about the journey.
Happy Tuesday, dear readers. Keep an eye to the sky. Today could get rowdy for some of us.
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Elementals To-Do List
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Ready to dive right in. Formatting for publishing is best learned by doing, so I reckon we can knock those off when I come - no need for exhaustive pre-reading. I did write that one article on Squidoo if you really want to look at it ;)ReplyDelete